Move documents issue

Certified Senior Developer

I am trying to use the move documents smart service in  MNI mode to move multiple documents to a folder. It's  only moving the first document and the next documents are getting deleted from appian. I can't find them by name or document id anywhere in Appian.  When I try to find the document using getcontentobjectdetailsbyid function, it returns this response. 

• "Content Object [Name: SamplePDF3.pdf, UUID: _a-0000e63c-719f-8000-9bb5-011c48011c48_148201, Parent: , Parent Id: 0, Type: Document, Created by: 00001, Created on: 2021-07-02 06:57:50.0, Last updated by: 00001, Last updated on: 2021-07-02 07:05:39.0, Latest version: 1, State: Active Published, Internal file name: accdocs3/7285/10005248.pdf]"(Text)
    But the document is not visible anywhere - old or new folders.

Additionally this is only happening on version 21.1 and not on 21.2 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
      Certified Lead Developer

Agreed with Chris - the symptoms you describe seem consistent with what happens when a document is (usually accidentally) moved to a folder with a null or zero ID (thus, really moving the document to no folder).  I'm not really sure why this doesn't error out in Appian, but apparently it doesn't.  I'd bet money on the spot that your MNI configuration is incorrect, probably in some small way.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

I will check the MNI but I still don't get why it won't let me find it by UUID or ID.

Certified Lead Developer
      in reply to deeptip

I agree, I just happen to know (from dealing with this on my system recently) that it won't work.  However, the "move document" smart service (when fed the doc id manually) *will* work, meaning for any affected documents you can move them somewhere "safe" then interact with them somewhat normally again.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

I have noticed that while the move Document smart service does seem to move the document, the state stays Invactive Published instead of Active Published as indicated below..

Content Object [Name: Plugins_Mural.png, UUID: _a-0000ea33-4618-8000-9bd0-011c48011c48_578763, Parent: CAT_DM_INFRASTRUCTURE_FOLDER, Parent Id: 17670, Type: Document, Created by: raj.jagannathan@icf.com, Created on: 2023-07-19 12:11:38.0, Last updated by: raj.jagannathan@icf.com, Last updated on: 2023-07-19 12:28:44.0, Latest version: 1, State: Invactive Published, Internal file name: N/A]

Any suggestions on how to make this Active ?

Certified Lead Developer
      in reply to rajj2264
      State: Invactive Published

This status is only seen, as far as I know, in documents that were uploaded in a!fileUploadField() but never properly submitted to the Appian FS (i.e. the user abandoned the form/task without invoking a Submit operation).

In my experience none (or almost none) of the typical OOB file operation utilities (like 'document()', etc), will work on documents in such a state - the Content Object Details plug-in is the one main exception I know of.

If I'm right, then I'm honestly surprised to hear you report that the Move Documents SS works on such a document, though I'll admit I haven't tried it.  Unfortunately I think once a document is "abandoned" and stuck in this state, there might not be a way to recover it.  Such documents should be treated as "abandoned in the appian upload queue purgatory" and discarded, I believe.

Certified Lead Developer
      in reply to rajj2264
      State: Invactive Published

This status is only seen, as far as I know, in documents that were uploaded in a!fileUploadField() but never properly submitted to the Appian FS (i.e. the user abandoned the form/task without invoking a Submit operation).

In my experience none (or almost none) of the typical OOB file operation utilities (like 'document()', etc), will work on documents in such a state - the Content Object Details plug-in is the one main exception I know of.

If I'm right, then I'm honestly surprised to hear you report that the Move Documents SS works on such a document, though I'll admit I haven't tried it.  Unfortunately I think once a document is "abandoned" and stuck in this state, there might not be a way to recover it.  Such documents should be treated as "abandoned in the appian upload queue purgatory" and discarded, I believe.

Children
    No Data