Client API Service Context Access

Certified Lead Developer

We are exploring calling Appian as a Client API from a custom component (docs.appian.com/.../reference-js-api.html, and I'm looking into ways to get a user's service context in order to exectue some backend services (i.e. ContentService). I could probably make some calls via Integrations/Web APIs instead, but I'm trying to work with document manipulation, so everything needs to happen server-side and it seems clunky to have my ClientAPI call an Appian WebAPI vs use public API calls.

I see few other components out there are executing ServiceContextFactory.getServiceContext(username)**; but when I've tried to replicate that, but my component is returning a 500 error and this exception:

---

"com.appiancorp.connectedsystems.templateframework.functions.pipeline.proxyDecoratorPipeline.TemplateInvocationException: Contact the developer of this template to resolve the following issue. java.lang.VerifyError: Bad return type Exception Details: Location: com/appiancorp/services/AbstractServiceContext.getImmutableCredentials(Lcom/appiancorp/services/ServiceContext;)Lcom/appiancorp/suiteapi/common/Credentials; @14: areturn Reason: Type 'com/appiancorp/ag/ImmutableCredentials' (current frame, stack[0]) is not assignable to 'com/appiancorp/suiteapi/common/Credentials' (from method signature) Current Frame: bci: @14 flags: { } locals: { 'com/appiancorp/services/AbstractServiceContext', 'com/appiancorp/services/ServiceContext' } stack: { 'com/appiancorp/ag/ImmutableCredentials' } Bytecode: 0x0000000: 2b12 56b8 0057 c000 55b9 0058 0100 b0 "

---

Has anyone else experienced this error or have other ideas on how to resolve or workaround it?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Turned out to be an issue with a dependency conflict in my gradle file. I had the SDK jar set as implementation - changing it to compileOnly resolved the error:

dependencies {
    compileOnly 'com.appian:connected-systems-core:1.2.0'
    compileOnly files('<Path>/appian-plug-in-sdk.jar')
    implementation 'com.appian:connected-systems-client:1.1.0'
    testImplementation 'com.appian:connected-systems-core:1.2.0'
    }

Certified Lead Developer

Turned out to be an issue with a dependency conflict in my gradle file. I had the SDK jar set as implementation - changing it to compileOnly resolved the error:

dependencies {
    compileOnly 'com.appian:connected-systems-core:1.2.0'
    compileOnly files('<Path>/appian-plug-in-sdk.jar')
    implementation 'com.appian:connected-systems-client:1.1.0'
    testImplementation 'com.appian:connected-systems-core:1.2.0'
    }

Children
No Data