SFTP Smart Services

Certified Senior Developer

I've been using the "SFTP Smart Services" plugin to retrieve a csv file through a process model. What I'd like to do is download the file, read the data, then write the data to the database. Right now I am stuck on the retrieving part. The "Receive File Over SFTP" node works without error (at least not any error that stops the process model) and in fact I am seeing the file appear in the document folder I sent it to. However there are some problems:

1) the file is listed as "Not in this application" (an issue I only care about if it prevents me from doing the rest of the operation, which I assume it doesn't)

2) when I look at the process details, the error output says "2: No such file" and the status says, "FAILED"

3) the document output doesn't output the file we've just retrieved. 

Since the document id isn't output, I can't go further than this in the process model. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Senior Developer

Update: Seems I solved my own problem. The remote file path needs to include the file name. I thought it was covered in the document name field, but I was wrong. Anyway, everything is working fine now other than the file being not in the application. I don't care about the issue overly much, but if someone has a solution for it, it would at least settle the ocd part of my brain. 

Appian Employee
    in reply to Marco

Nice, glad you figured it out! I think it's fine that it isn't in the application, and it actually maybe preferred. If you did end up adding the document to your app, you need to remember to remove the documents from your app prior to doing a deployment so the test documents aren't deployed. The application is really just a way of grouping related objects together - adding documents to the app has no functional impact on how users interact with these documents.

Appian Employee
    in reply to Marco

Nice, glad you figured it out! I think it's fine that it isn't in the application, and it actually maybe preferred. If you did end up adding the document to your app, you need to remember to remove the documents from your app prior to doing a deployment so the test documents aren't deployed. The application is really just a way of grouping related objects together - adding documents to the app has no functional impact on how users interact with these documents.

Children