Compress Appian Documents uploaded by user

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Team,

I wanted to compress appian documents which are uploaded by user, so i can zip them and send to other system via exposing an api , Can we  have any plugin for this?

Thanks,

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to udayasai

I am not sure if should use appian for this type of operations.
    There is a reason why low code is limited to some type of functionality until someone implemented is specifically for that action. Then its based on "high code" like java and included as smart service into the platform. So with that you can create dozens of additional sets of functionality

Perhaps it should be more a challenge why you got this requirement in the first place for Appian?
    Every technology has its limits and we should asses them properly.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Richard Michaelis
    I am not sure if should use appian for this type of operations.

I dunno - my production system sees thousands of files added as direct uploads from end users, and at the end of the day functions as a repo for said files; many of these end up being uncropped, uncompressed image files (of official documentation we need to keep on-hand) and it's a constant struggle to maintain a balance between these and our disk usage numbers.  If some sort of default procedural image compression had been implemented up-front, that whole headache could have been potentially avoided.  I don't think we should be in a position where we're avoiding the use of necessary funcitonality all in deference to the "low code" buzzword.  And there are plenty of other advanced usages already available / in use which go beyond it already.

in reply to Mike Schmitt

But that was my point. The plattform is a wild mix of services a LC functions.
    -> the requirements needs to be challenged in advance. Not defined as such an then "deal with it".

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Richard Michaelis
    the requirements needs to be challenged in advance

I agree with you there.  But also, sometimes we need to figure out ways to do things in-process that make sense to the business case (otherwise the folks that pay the bills might start sniffing around other platforms that advertise more functionality / etc).