Test Automation: Playwright

Hello Everyone,

does anyone have experience with test automation in Playwright?

Dou you know if it is possible to use Appian Selenium API within Playwright? If yes, could you provide some config details?

Thank you in advance,

Chris

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Selenium is a middleware software used to help the test scripts communicate with the browser. Playwright and Cypress don’t use Selenium to communicate with the browser, rather they have their own custom API build into their tool that does this communication. For example, Playwright uses the Safari’s WebKit browser engine to directly communicate with the Safari Browser.

The question should really be: “Should I use the Appian Selenium API or develop my test cases using purely Playwright?”

Given the Playwright framework is much more performant and faster, allows code generation, implements auto waits which eliminates the need to include implicit waits, I would much rather go with Playwright.

My experience with Playwright in general led to to completely fall in love with it especially since it cuts down my time developing test scripts by 80%.

• Selenium is a middleware software used to help the test scripts communicate with the browser. Playwright and Cypress don’t use Selenium to communicate with the browser, rather they have their own custom API build into their tool that does this communication. For example, Playwright uses the Safari’s WebKit browser engine to directly communicate with the Safari Browser.

The question should really be: “Should I use the Appian Selenium API or develop my test cases using purely Playwright?”

Given the Playwright framework is much more performant and faster, allows code generation, implements auto waits which eliminates the need to include implicit waits, I would much rather go with Playwright.

My experience with Playwright in general led to to completely fall in love with it especially since it cuts down my time developing test scripts by 80%.

Children
No Data