Convert Flattened PDF to Fillable

Hi,

Does anyone know of any plug-ins or perhaps connected system integration approach through external service which might support the capability to convert a Flattened PDF to a fillable PDF?   This can be done manually using Adobe editor.   Have a requirement to consume a PDF produced by external system which cannot be modified  which is flattened but need to unflatten form fields and a signature field.  Would prefer not to have to go down develop of custom plug-in approach.

Regards,

Bob

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This seems more like an AI use case then an IDP or Plugin solution....

How are you imagining  the program to extract which part of the PDF are fillable?

I don't know of any system that currently has this capability

Just a question, how many different form is this other system producing? Because i think you will have to do it manually

• There are less than a dozen word templates  which have been authored which is source of the generated PDFs which are partially filled and flattened.  The manual route is a discussion which is occurring.   Our issue is external system which we cant control is partially filing the PDF.  We ultimately need the signature field unflattened and we dont need to extract any data in this use case so IDP wont help.   

Just found Adobe web services so going to see if they support what Adobe Editor tool supports as a callable integration/connected system from Appian.

Appian Employee
    in reply to bobt

I would probably go the other way around if i were you. It seems that you have access to the source template, aren't you?

I would read the filled fields from the pdf and add them in a template filled by Appian, instead of trying to make the flattened PDF Fillable again. 

Reply Children
No Data