import users from excel

Certified Associate Developer

Hi Guys,

Please help me on the below!

I need to import list users from excel to the process model and then add them to numberous group. Can you please help me on the same??

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify a bit on "import list users"?  You haven't given us much to go on here.  I.E., what users are listed on the excel?  Is it a list of usernames that already represent valid usernames in the system?  XOR is it a list of people for whom there are no user accounts and they will need to be created?

What group(s) do they need to be added to?  Is it a static group or list of groups for all user(s) in question, or will those groups change depending on the user line-item?

Generally, you should be able to automate any such use cases by utilizing the "read excel sheet paging" functionality found in the Excel Tools plug-in, then parsing and looping over that data in a process.  But what exactly that process does will depend heavily on what your source data looks like exactly, and what you need to accomplish.

Certified Lead Developer

Can you clarify a bit on "import list users"?  You haven't given us much to go on here.  I.E., what users are listed on the excel?  Is it a list of usernames that already represent valid usernames in the system?  XOR is it a list of people for whom there are no user accounts and they will need to be created?

What group(s) do they need to be added to?  Is it a static group or list of groups for all user(s) in question, or will those groups change depending on the user line-item?

Generally, you should be able to automate any such use cases by utilizing the "read excel sheet paging" functionality found in the Excel Tools plug-in, then parsing and looping over that data in a process.  But what exactly that process does will depend heavily on what your source data looks like exactly, and what you need to accomplish.

Children
No Data