We have a business need to store Excel/Pdf files as BLOB in an oracle database a

We have a business need to store Excel/Pdf files as BLOB in an oracle database and the ability to search and retrieve the same from Appian later on. Tried mapping the document to a base64 encoded string and then storing to the db, but when the doc size is large NULL gets stored. Unable to achieve this by using the query rule- the error does not make sense, but I guess it is because of the BLOB data type.
Is there a straightforward plugin or function to achieve this or should we resort to writing a plugin? Please advise....

OriginalPostID-110277

OriginalPostID-110277

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In general, having data replicated independently across multiple systems is a bad practice. You are no longer seeing a single-point of truth. This can have adverse effect rather than benefit. Adding to this, as Rob highlights, this architecture can adversely affect the performance of a production system. My recommendation is to discuss with client to find an alternate way of accessing this info from an external system and maintain a single source of truth (be it in Appian or in external system).
  • In general, having data replicated independently across multiple systems is a bad practice. You are no longer seeing a single-point of truth. This can have adverse effect rather than benefit. Adding to this, as Rob highlights, this architecture can adversely affect the performance of a production system. My recommendation is to discuss with client to find an alternate way of accessing this info from an external system and maintain a single source of truth (be it in Appian or in external system).
Children
No Data