We have a business need to store Excel/Pdf files as BLOB in an oracle database a

We have a business need to store Excel/Pdf files as BLOB in an oracle database and the ability to search and retrieve the same from Appian later on. Tried mapping the document to a base64 encoded string and then storing to the db, but when the doc size is large NULL gets stored. Unable to achieve this by using the query rule- the error does not make sense, but I guess it is because of the BLOB data type.
Is there a straightforward plugin or function to achieve this or should we resort to writing a plugin? Please advise....

OriginalPostID-110277

OriginalPostID-110277

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes, that is one option. But my recommendation stands. You may end up providing a solution to what the client wants but this may lead to scalability challenges in the future due to poor architecture.
    For me, the big question is, what is it that the client sees they'd achieve by performing this action? Architecturally, you should address their concern by keeping a single source of truth.
  • Yes, that is one option. But my recommendation stands. You may end up providing a solution to what the client wants but this may lead to scalability challenges in the future due to poor architecture.
    For me, the big question is, what is it that the client sees they'd achieve by performing this action? Architecturally, you should address their concern by keeping a single source of truth.
Children
No Data