Metadata of a document

Hi,

I want to know how to get metadata of an image (like geolocation containing latitude and longitude). Is there a way to get it at all?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Somehow I only just found out today that there's a plug-in called "Get File Metadata" (which, for the record, is ONLY for image files, despite its name).  I thought I'd searched on the string "metadata" previously when looking for a plug-in that could read image dimensional information, but somehow I still missed it.

I can confirm that this plug-in returns GPS values in (text) latitude and longitude, in a JSON-wrapped dictionary.  I've confirmed this by providing a GPS-tagged picture I took with my own phone.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

Somehow I only just found out today that there's a plug-in called "Get File Metadata" (which, for the record, is ONLY for image files, despite its name).  I thought I'd searched on the string "metadata" previously when looking for a plug-in that could read image dimensional information, but somehow I still missed it.

I can confirm that this plug-in returns GPS values in (text) latitude and longitude, in a JSON-wrapped dictionary.  I've confirmed this by providing a GPS-tagged picture I took with my own phone.

Children
No Data