Line break Docx From Dynamic Template

Hi,

I'm trying to insert a break line inside the xml that will build the docx from Dynamic template, I tried with <br>, char(10), but I don't know what to try anymore.

anyone have ideas?  

the error log: "Changed to The value of attribute "daybefore" associated with an element type "rowvalues" must not contain the '<' character." if I use <br>

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

"<br>" is HTML - to do manual trickery with Word files, you need to use the Word-flavored XML codes (not HTML), aka WordML.  I'm not exactly sure what syntax you'd need to use to do this within the Docx from Dynamic Template smart service, but the WordML carriage return is: <w:br/>

In the "word document from template" (older) smart service, it's possible to use the above by passing it in after a "text breakout" flag ("</w:t>") and then following it with another "text start" flag ("<w:t>").  Without doing these first it just tries to render as plaintext (though also the "<" and ">" characters cause issues if not sanitized first).  Again, it's all liable to be different in the "...Dynamic Template" smart service, so you'll need to experiment.

• thx Mike, I resolved with "&#10;" as line break using advanced document templat

Reply Children
No Data