Import excel to database plugin not working

Certified Associate Developer

Hii All,

i am trying to import the data in the excel sheet to the database using Import Excel to Database smart service plugin but the data is not importing to the database even the process workflow is working fine and executes without any error. I have used the upload file field in the interface then using the start process function i am triggering the process model. Can anyone please help me in this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I always always suggest using the related function provided by the Excel Tools plugin, fn!readexcelsheetpaging().  This allows you to build an expression rule that will convert the excel file to a CDT, then you can use the Write to Datastore service to persist the CDT to the DB.  This allows much more debugging capability and flexibility for converting values as they map to the CDT, etc.

You can upload a sample document to your environment and use it as a rule input to see the conversion occurring this way, much easier to work with.

Sometimes these smart services are finicky where a blank line or value can throw the whole thing off without warning.  This is easily avoidable with the function instead.

• I always always suggest using the related function provided by the Excel Tools plugin, fn!readexcelsheetpaging().  This allows you to build an expression rule that will convert the excel file to a CDT, then you can use the Write to Datastore service to persist the CDT to the DB.  This allows much more debugging capability and flexibility for converting values as they map to the CDT, etc.

You can upload a sample document to your environment and use it as a rule input to see the conversion occurring this way, much easier to work with.

Sometimes these smart services are finicky where a blank line or value can throw the whole thing off without warning.  This is easily avoidable with the function instead.

Children