SQL to Excel

Certified Associate Developer

Hi, I am tying to run the Mysql to Excel plug-in: with basic SELECT Queries it works: but if I sent something similar to this:  

SET @pivot_sql = 'SELECT * FROM report'; PREPARE stmt FROM @pivot_sql; EXECUTE stmt; DEALLOCATE PREPARE stmt; 

it shows MariaDB syntaxis error.   any idea how workaround for this ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Vladimir Vasilev
    are you referring to Excel Tools plug-in?

No, I'm referring to the out-of-box Export DSE to Excel node (the one that was supposed to "replace" the export CDT to excel and export SQL to excel nodes from Excel Tools, despite my criticisms). 

If you call it subsequently on the same generated file and declare a different starting column, the expectation is that it should not clear out previously-written data.

EDIT: i've just tested it using a small ad-hoc interface, testing the "rule" version of this smart service (which i believe uses the same back-end as the smart service node), and can confirm that the behavior you described (clearing out the initial columns) is happening.  I believe this is in error.
    EDIT 2: per the instructions given for the inputs in the smart service, it seems as if the "clearing out prior values in the same row" behavior is expected, though to me it seems a bit nonsensical.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Mike, for me it does not make sense either, I saw a previous conversation where you have said you have a suggested adjustment to this with Appian. I also have opened a case to request adjustment. so far, no response. Thank you for the effort and the response.