Import Excel sheet to Database (Excel sheet header name start from row 8)

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, 

I have a excel sheet in which the Excel sheet headers start from different row (example: row-8).

In a process model, how can I read it from row 8 using Import excel to database smart service.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

Hello ,

I would recommend to have a User Input where the selection of the row is dynamic and let the user to select the Start row.

Have a interface in your process where the user will upload the document/Excel file and it is read using the readexcelsheetpaging() and the data is collected in a variable on selection. You can try to define the batch start Index and the size of data that you want to write it to the Database. Definetely this would increase few steps in your process, but it would help your user to have a better awareness of the data that is going to be processed. (Have a display of the data as a preview before you pass it to the DB)

Hello ,

I would recommend to have a User Input where the selection of the row is dynamic and let the user to select the Start row.

Have a interface in your process where the user will upload the document/Excel file and it is read using the readexcelsheetpaging() and the data is collected in a variable on selection. You can try to define the batch start Index and the size of data that you want to write it to the Database. Definetely this would increase few steps in your process, but it would help your user to have a better awareness of the data that is going to be processed. (Have a display of the data as a preview before you pass it to the DB)

Children
No Data