Read and load Excel content directly in form

Certified Associate Developer

Hello team,

I have a requirement where in the from there is a section where user need to fill order details (item, price, quantity). I need to provide an option to user to fill these details manually (this part is done) or by using an excel template. The tool should be able to read the content of the excel and fill it in the form before submitting the form itself. I know there is an excel plugin to read content but if I understand it correctly it can be read only after submitting the form. Is there a way how i can enable for the user to lead data form excel without levaing the form (staying on the same screen)?

Thanks for nay answer

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I'm not sure the above suggestion (particularly the "move the document to a process model" part) will work, though I'd be curious to see your results.

My suggestion here would be to follow the more traditional design pattern that's always been suggested when you need to have the user supply the document on the "same" task that you then read from it -- that is, you have them upload it, then click a button or link that ends up submitting the form (the button or link can be labelled anything though, like "import file contents", etc), and in the process model, chain the process flow directly back into the same task again (feeding in the uploaded document ID), and making adjustments on-form to account for the file now being present and usable.  To the end user this should be invisible - it'll look like they clicked the button/link and then, on the same form (from their point of view) it'll proceed to do the next required step.

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

thanks Mike, this worked

Reply Children
No Data