Excel from template

Certified Associate Developer

Hi! I have task to generate excel file, I am using Text Doc from Template. Almost all parameters I am passing like ###parameter###  but I  also have checkbox in template in which I should pass true/false and I am not sure how to do that.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I wouldn't expect even the basic replacement fields to work when used in this manner - an excel file is not a text file (it's actually a sort of .zip file).  Have you tried it and found it works?  I'd be surprised but it would be interesting if it did.

I wouldn't have any expectation that checkboxes work even if the replacement fields did.  The text from template functionality is not meant to interact with this at all.  Even checkboxes themselves in Excel are finnicky - i'm not sure what the back-end data even looks like, with respect to the difference between a checkbox with a "checked" value versus "unchecked" - you could unzip the main .xml file contained in the zip .xlsx container and look and see if you can tell anything, though you'll need to be good at looking at a mass of disorganized XML code to pick out the data you're after.

Certified Lead Developer

I wouldn't expect even the basic replacement fields to work when used in this manner - an excel file is not a text file (it's actually a sort of .zip file).  Have you tried it and found it works?  I'd be surprised but it would be interesting if it did.

I wouldn't have any expectation that checkboxes work even if the replacement fields did.  The text from template functionality is not meant to interact with this at all.  Even checkboxes themselves in Excel are finnicky - i'm not sure what the back-end data even looks like, with respect to the difference between a checkbox with a "checked" value versus "unchecked" - you could unzip the main .xml file contained in the zip .xlsx container and look and see if you can tell anything, though you'll need to be good at looking at a mass of disorganized XML code to pick out the data you're after.

Children