autoComplete question. I am trying to get an autoComplete statement t

autoComplete question.

I am trying to get an autoComplete statement to work and Appian is throwing an error.

I am wondering if the predefined datastore has to have a name longer than three letters.
I looked at documentation and could not see anything refer to the name size being an issue.
If I chose a different database and table, I can get it to work. This is a view and I am not able to get it to work.

I can query view SQL Server 2008 without and issue and also with a query database node in Appian it will work.

var query = "Select applicationname from vw_active_application where applicationname not in ('zOther','DBA','') order by applicationname”;
FormAPI.attachAutocompleteFromQuery("appName”,"jdbc/DDS", query,"applicationname", " applicationname",false);

I even tried it without the where and order clause and it will not work.

Any thoughts?

OriginalPostID-117847

OriginalPostID-117847

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Eduardo,
    Thank you for your continued assistance.
    I could not get the where clause to work. Nothing shows up in the log file either. I tried another query I had in a file and it worked. I tried the other data store and it did not work. I copied the one the worked in Appian and then edited the information to point to the other data store and other query and it then worked. So, the moral of the story here is the quotes must have been weird in this statement.
    FormAPI.attachAutocompleteFromQuery("appName","jdbc/DDS", query,"applicationname", "applicationname", false);
    This is the one that works.
    I am glad it is working. The characters can drive you crazy.

• Eduardo,
    Thank you for your continued assistance.
    I could not get the where clause to work. Nothing shows up in the log file either. I tried another query I had in a file and it worked. I tried the other data store and it did not work. I copied the one the worked in Appian and then edited the information to point to the other data store and other query and it then worked. So, the moral of the story here is the quotes must have been weird in this statement.
    FormAPI.attachAutocompleteFromQuery("appName","jdbc/DDS", query,"applicationname", "applicationname", false);
    This is the one that works.
    I am glad it is working. The characters can drive you crazy.

Children
No Data