I am creating a custom plugin which has references to 3rd party jars like xmlbe

I am creating a custom plugin which has references to 3rd party jars like xmlbeans, asis-axiom jars etc., I created a plugin project and then created a smart service.
I checked some sample plugins in the forum that has 3rd party dependencies ( for example Base64 Conversion Utilities - has dependency on castor). They just place the 3rd party jars under META-INF / lib and has a plain manifest file that contains only Manifest Version attribute.
I followed the same approach and placed my dependent jars in the META-INF/lib folder and there is a Manifest.MF file under META-INF with just version property.
I deployed this plugin jar , but it didnt work. I got NoClassDefFound Exception always.

I tried adding my depdendency jars in "ClassPath" attribute in Manifest.MF and my manifest now looked like:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class:
Class-Path: schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.jar apache-mime4j-core-0.7.2.jar axiom-api-1.2.13.jar axiom-dom-1.2.13.jar axiom-impl-1.2.1...

OriginalPostID-118374

OriginalPostID-118374

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The usual workflow when using the Eclipse plugin is to put all of your runtime dependent classes in the lib folder under the parent project. When the ant script runs, it copies these files over to META-INF/lib. You also shouldn't have to create the manifest.mf file manually.

Once your files are in the lib folder, then update your classpath to include those files so that there are no errors in your java classes. Then when you run your ant built it should generate the plugin file for you.
  • The usual workflow when using the Eclipse plugin is to put all of your runtime dependent classes in the lib folder under the parent project. When the ant script runs, it copies these files over to META-INF/lib. You also shouldn't have to create the manifest.mf file manually.

Once your files are in the lib folder, then update your classpath to include those files so that there are no errors in your java classes. Then when you run your ant built it should generate the plugin file for you.
Children
No Data