Replacement for Republish Model as Different User

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Appian Community!

Does anyone have good recommendations for replacements for the unsupported plug-in Republish Model as Different User?

My organization uses it in lower environments whenever an individual developer modified a process model and daily, there is a scheduled process that republishes all the modified process models as a service account to prevent issues of process models being "stuck or frozen" when a developer leaves and their account becomes inactive.

TIA

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer

If it's merely a matter of developers leaving (and the remaining instances of running processes that were started under their account), my current trick is to rename the user account, then add it to the Service Accounts system group.  This prevents the account from going stale (until you're very ready to hard-disable it), and also prevents that user from logging in manually.

Higher environments, of course, should automatically have all their objects published by the service account that handles site-to-site deployments.

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer

If it's merely a matter of developers leaving (and the remaining instances of running processes that were started under their account), my current trick is to rename the user account, then add it to the Service Accounts system group.  This prevents the account from going stale (until you're very ready to hard-disable it), and also prevents that user from logging in manually.

Higher environments, of course, should automatically have all their objects published by the service account that handles site-to-site deployments.

Children