Issue with Extra Folder in 'META-INF' When Using AVM for Application Import

Certified Associate Developer

I'm encountering an issue with the Automated Versioning Manager (AVM) in Appian while managing application exports and imports through GitHub. Here's the scenario:

1. When I export an application from Appian Designer, I receive a ZIP file that contains a 'META-INF' folder. Inside this folder, there are two files: 'export' and 'MANIFEST.MF'.
  2. I then use AVM to push this ZIP file to a GitHub branch.
  3. When I download the ZIP file from the GitHub branch or update my local repository with the application using the AVM command, the 'META-INF' folder now contains an additional subfolder named with the UUID of the application. Inside this subfolder, the same 'export' and 'MANIFEST.MF' files are present.
  4. Due to this additional subfolder, when I try to import the application back into Appian, it throws an error: The specified file does not contain a valid package and cannot be imported. (APNX-1-4154-000).

How can I prevent the creation of this extra subfolder inside 'META-INF' when I download the ZIP file from the GitHub branch or update my local repository with the application using AVM? My goal is to ensure that Appian can accept the import without any errors. Any guidance or best practices to avoid this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible