We have a requirement to develop a custom servlet plug-in , will there be any si

We have a requirement to develop a custom servlet plug-in , will there be any site-wide/server issues if the deployed custom plug-in has any issues by any chance-
I have gone through the documentation @ forum.appian.com/.../Custom_Servlet_Plug-ins.html
and could not see any drawbacks of using custom servlet plug-ins .
Hoping to get some check points from the people who have already implemented this-

OriginalPostID-139888

OriginalPostID-139888

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Two things: (1) The plug-in gets invoked only when the URL is called. So you need to make sure that the sizing caters for traffic (if you are expecting a huge traffic to call the servlet plug-in)
    (2) The code in the servlet plugin itself. If you have a rogue code that has adverse effect on the Appian engines because of bad code, that needs to me checked. Other than these, I dont particularly see any issues. Just precautions & best coding practice you need to look out for.
  • Two things: (1) The plug-in gets invoked only when the URL is called. So you need to make sure that the sizing caters for traffic (if you are expecting a huge traffic to call the servlet plug-in)
    (2) The code in the servlet plugin itself. If you have a rogue code that has adverse effect on the Appian engines because of bad code, that needs to me checked. Other than these, I dont particularly see any issues. Just precautions & best coding practice you need to look out for.
Children
No Data