Export SQL to Excel @sathya.srinivasan I have been trying to use the

Export SQL to Excel

@sathya.srinivasan I have been trying to use the Export SQL to Excel smart service but it is only returning values for a column that is a date field, it is not returning any of the varchar field values. Has the smart service been updated to process values other than Date and Integers?

Thanks

OriginalPostID-139929

OriginalPostID-139929

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, can you provide me with details of the SQL that you are trying to execute? Appian tries to automatically recognize the data type and typecast the output for Excel sheet.
    Couple of things to check. Are you running a Select on a table or a view? what is the description of the table (desc <table/view name>)
    Can you also try executing an sql on a simple table (say, create one with 3 or 4 columns of different types such as int, date, varchar etc) and see if you are able to successfully able to export.

Lastly, I would also recommend you enable debugging to see if you get more info on the log about what's happening.
  • Hi, can you provide me with details of the SQL that you are trying to execute? Appian tries to automatically recognize the data type and typecast the output for Excel sheet.
    Couple of things to check. Are you running a Select on a table or a view? what is the description of the table (desc <table/view name>)
    Can you also try executing an sql on a simple table (say, create one with 3 or 4 columns of different types such as int, date, varchar etc) and see if you are able to successfully able to export.

Lastly, I would also recommend you enable debugging to see if you get more info on the log about what's happening.
Children
No Data