We are using "Move Document" smart service to move one of our document

We are using "Move Document" smart service to move one of our document from Temporary Documents folder to some other folder. It is working well if a destination Folder has some value. If destination folder is empty(we are assigning a PV to this smart service parameter) still the smart service is able to move the document to somewhere. But we are not sure where the document has been moved. Has anyone faced this issue before? Even document function returns nothing for "folderName" property. (We are certain that this document is somewhere but we are not sure where it has been moved)

OriginalPostID-141110

OriginalPostID-141110

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Looked into this in detail and:

1. I was able to reproduce the behavior
    2. Confirmed the reason is the Long used to represent the Destination folder is defaulting to 0 since you're not assigning a value
    3. Therefore the document is moving to folder 0 which is not a place you can access.

4. You can move the document back if you have the PV that has it stored, simply run the Move Document again without an empty Destination.

5. I recommend you add a check for empty PVs in your logic
  • Looked into this in detail and:

1. I was able to reproduce the behavior
    2. Confirmed the reason is the Long used to represent the Destination folder is defaulting to 0 since you're not assigning a value
    3. Therefore the document is moving to folder 0 which is not a place you can access.

4. You can move the document back if you have the PV that has it stored, simply run the Move Document again without an empty Destination.

5. I recommend you add a check for empty PVs in your logic
Children
No Data