We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

Does startprocesswrite work with activity chaining? I'm using the start

Does startprocesswrite work with activity chaining?
I'm using the startprocesswrite plug-in from within a record dashboard form. (I'm using it from within a datagrid link).

I click the link in the datagrid and the workflow gets kicked off as I would expect with all the data passed in but instead of opening the first task in the activity chain it sends the task to my inbox as if there were no activity chain. When I run the process from an action the activity chaining runs just fine.

I didn't see anything in the discussion about this so far/

OriginalPostID-146391

OriginalPostID-146391

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The task can't be chained immediately from the SAIL interface i.e. the chain breaks when human intervention comes into picture. But at the same time if you just proceed with system activities, you could run them synchronously (provided if the functionality is within chaining limits).

A work around you can think of is:
    1. Include a functionality to write process id in your process model which is triggered from fn!startprocesswrite
    2. In your SAIL code, query the process id written recently and get the active task using queryprocessanalytics or getportalreportdatasubset
    3. Provide the link to task on the SAIL interface using the task id retrieved from Step - 2.

A similar approach to the above has been successfully implemented and tested (long back) for exporting the data to document and providing a link to document immediately on the SAIL interface.
  • The task can't be chained immediately from the SAIL interface i.e. the chain breaks when human intervention comes into picture. But at the same time if you just proceed with system activities, you could run them synchronously (provided if the functionality is within chaining limits).

A work around you can think of is:
    1. Include a functionality to write process id in your process model which is triggered from fn!startprocesswrite
    2. In your SAIL code, query the process id written recently and get the active task using queryprocessanalytics or getportalreportdatasubset
    3. Provide the link to task on the SAIL interface using the task id retrieved from Step - 2.

A similar approach to the above has been successfully implemented and tested (long back) for exporting the data to document and providing a link to document immediately on the SAIL interface.
Children
No Data