Hi All, I was trying to use the Advanced Document Templating to gene

Hi All,

I was trying to use the Advanced Document Templating to generate a word document for the data queried from Query Database. This is my query:
SELECT

projectname
,activitycategory
,activitydescription
,activitytype
,type
,updatedate

FROM ptcprojectupdate
INNER JOIN ptcupdate on ptcprojectupdate.ptcupdate_projectupdates_a_id = ptcupdate.a_id

Where ptcprojectupdate.projectname = ac!project

After running this query, I put everything into a grid in an email using the "ncolumntable" function (see attachment AppianQ18).

Now, I want to put the data into a word document instead of putting into the grid in an email.

However, I have some trouble defining the structure of my template and mapping my pv (s) into the grid. I have attached my template and Xml data input data part (I just tried one variable "project").

Can someone take a look and let me know where I did wrong? Any help would be much appreciated....

ADT Question.zip

OriginalPostID-147532

OriginalPostID-147532

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I have some expreience creating an arbitrary table within a Word document. In my case, the advanced document templating plug-in was either unavailable or not invented yet.

To get a table to work in Word, what I had to do was format the desired data into WordML (word's special XML) and insert the resulting text into the regular "Word Document from Template" smart service. Included in this was figuring out the code for a table and creating the XML for that; I used a series of expression rules. (at first glance in the ADT plug-in, it looks as if the user is expected to create the table XML themselves there, too). So I'm not sure what the best answer would be in your case, but I'm guessing it may require creating XML structure.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I have some expreience creating an arbitrary table within a Word document. In my case, the advanced document templating plug-in was either unavailable or not invented yet.

To get a table to work in Word, what I had to do was format the desired data into WordML (word's special XML) and insert the resulting text into the regular "Word Document from Template" smart service. Included in this was figuring out the code for a table and creating the XML for that; I used a series of expression rules. (at first glance in the ADT plug-in, it looks as if the user is expected to create the table XML themselves there, too). So I'm not sure what the best answer would be in your case, but I'm guessing it may require creating XML structure.
Children
No Data