Hi All, I was trying to use the Advanced Document Templating to gene

Hi All,

I was trying to use the Advanced Document Templating to generate a word document for the data queried from Query Database. This is my query:
SELECT

projectname
,activitycategory
,activitydescription
,activitytype
,type
,updatedate

FROM ptcprojectupdate
INNER JOIN ptcupdate on ptcprojectupdate.ptcupdate_projectupdates_a_id = ptcupdate.a_id

Where ptcprojectupdate.projectname = ac!project

After running this query, I put everything into a grid in an email using the "ncolumntable" function (see attachment AppianQ18).

Now, I want to put the data into a word document instead of putting into the grid in an email.

However, I have some trouble defining the structure of my template and mapping my pv (s) into the grid. I have attached my template and Xml data input data part (I just tried one variable "project").

Can someone take a look and let me know where I did wrong? Any help would be much appreciated....

ADT Question.zip

OriginalPostID-147532

OriginalPostID-147532

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Corrado, thanks so much for explaining this-I really appreciate this. While I was trying to put the info. into the right box, I wonder if I should create a "Custom Output" in the data tab of the Query Database (see attached)?
    Where should I put for the rule and the sub rule you were mention.
    Again, thank you very much and appreciate your guidance!

• Hi Corrado, thanks so much for explaining this-I really appreciate this. While I was trying to put the info. into the right box, I wonder if I should create a "Custom Output" in the data tab of the Query Database (see attached)?
    Where should I put for the rule and the sub rule you were mention.
    Again, thank you very much and appreciate your guidance!

Children
No Data