Plugins that let you read the value of a process variable in SAIL

Are there any plugins that let you read the value of a process variable in SAIL?
I'm using the startprocesswrite() plug in to start a process, and would like some way to return the value of a process variable on the same SAIL form. Any ideas?

OriginalPostID-152503

OriginalPostID-152503

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @nickh Unfortunately you couldn't read the returned data using startprocesswrite as it's of type fire and forget. Probably you could go with either of the approaches as specified below:
    >> Save the details into database using the process which you trigger by using startprocesswrite and read the values from the database in the SAIL interface.
    >> Make use of the queryProcessAnalytics or getportalreportdatasubset and query the process analytics of the process triggered using startprocesswrite.

But please bear in mind that you need to identify the right record and for this you may have to identify unique attributes that fetches you a right record in any case.

Further I can also confirm that there aren't any OOTB or shared component available for doing the above.
  • @nickh Unfortunately you couldn't read the returned data using startprocesswrite as it's of type fire and forget. Probably you could go with either of the approaches as specified below:
    >> Save the details into database using the process which you trigger by using startprocesswrite and read the values from the database in the SAIL interface.
    >> Make use of the queryProcessAnalytics or getportalreportdatasubset and query the process analytics of the process triggered using startprocesswrite.

But please bear in mind that you need to identify the right record and for this you may have to identify unique attributes that fetches you a right record in any case.

Further I can also confirm that there aren't any OOTB or shared component available for doing the above.
Children
No Data