Hi I'm using the export data to Excel plug in to allow users to

Hi

I'm using the export data to Excel plug in to allow users to export the data held in an Appian database to Excel. I've now hit the record limit that can be used in database queries.

I'm wondering what options I have to be able to export 4000+ records to Excel ? (Assuming the export completes in the timelimit)

Any opinions / advise will be greatfully recieved !

Thanks

Paul

OriginalPostID-154621

OriginalPostID-154621

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @paulc Yes you could use a!queryEntity() in a script task. It is similar to any other normal function where you can use it an script task or expression or sail interface etc. I am sorry but I can't make a statement about the performance as I haven't made a comparison till date. I would like to suggest to make use of query rules rather than Query database whenever possible because Query database requires the updates in native SQL queries when the database vendor changes. Further you can't invoke the Query database on the SAIL interface whereas the query rules can be.
  • @paulc Yes you could use a!queryEntity() in a script task. It is similar to any other normal function where you can use it an script task or expression or sail interface etc. I am sorry but I can't make a statement about the performance as I haven't made a comparison till date. I would like to suggest to make use of query rules rather than Query database whenever possible because Query database requires the updates in native SQL queries when the database vendor changes. Further you can't invoke the Query database on the SAIL interface whereas the query rules can be.
Children
No Data