How can we get the system icons like "Timer event", "Script task&

Certified Lead Developer
How can we get the system icons like "Timer event", "Script task", "XOR" nodes? I have got the icon id from the process node(Using API) but I'm unable to access the icon in any ways. Please suggest me the way to get the icons of a nodes. or Where can I get those icons?

OriginalPostID-156588

OriginalPostID-156588

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The getIcon() method returns the canvas icon (<id>.gif) and getPaletteIcon() returns the palette icon (<id>.gif). You cannot map the to Appian documents because they are not. These icons are retrieved from the server as a file on disk rather than as a logical document in the Collaboration Engine.

You might need to actually do a GET to bring the icon into a document in Appian, probably doable with forum.appian.com/.../HTTP_File_Download_Smart_Service.html

/suite/process/designer/img/smartnodes/canvas/<ID>.gif
    /suite/process/designer/img/smartnodes/palette/<ID>.gif

but to be honest I think this is more cumbersome for something that is not as relevant as the rest of the node information. The icon shouldn't matter as long as you can get its name, type, uuid, etc.

If you're interested in this level of detail then the Process Model Documentation is a better approach in my personal opinion
  • The getIcon() method returns the canvas icon (<id>.gif) and getPaletteIcon() returns the palette icon (<id>.gif). You cannot map the to Appian documents because they are not. These icons are retrieved from the server as a file on disk rather than as a logical document in the Collaboration Engine.

You might need to actually do a GET to bring the icon into a document in Appian, probably doable with forum.appian.com/.../HTTP_File_Download_Smart_Service.html

/suite/process/designer/img/smartnodes/canvas/<ID>.gif
    /suite/process/designer/img/smartnodes/palette/<ID>.gif

but to be honest I think this is more cumbersome for something that is not as relevant as the rest of the node information. The icon shouldn't matter as long as you can get its name, type, uuid, etc.

If you're interested in this level of detail then the Process Model Documentation is a better approach in my personal opinion
Children
No Data