I wrote an expression plug-in that returns a writer. Every thing has worked fin

I wrote an expression plug-in that returns a writer. Every thing has worked fine when used by a "System Designer" but when attempted to execute as "Basic User", the following error is returned. How do I set security for writer function to allow a "Basic User".

[local!testWriter:The user [test.ccat.submitter] does not have sufficient privileges to perform the requested action.]

OriginalPostID-166633

OriginalPostID-166633

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Whenever you get an authorization error this log is the key to find out the root cause. Your log shows the following:

test.ccat.submitter,hybrid-service,com.appiancorp.suiteapi.type.TypeService.select,DENIED,,userRoles=[app-user]; rolesAllowingAction=[designer]

This indicates your user test.ccat.submitter is trying to invoke an API method com.appiancorp.suiteapi.type.TypeService.select() which cannot be executed when the user is only an Application User but not a Designer

Two solutions:

1. Re-design the plug-in so it doesn't use TypeService.select()
    2. Or use an administrator context just for this particular call (TypeService.select()). The administrator user can be a service account passed via constant to your plug-in.
  • Whenever you get an authorization error this log is the key to find out the root cause. Your log shows the following:

test.ccat.submitter,hybrid-service,com.appiancorp.suiteapi.type.TypeService.select,DENIED,,userRoles=[app-user]; rolesAllowingAction=[designer]

This indicates your user test.ccat.submitter is trying to invoke an API method com.appiancorp.suiteapi.type.TypeService.select() which cannot be executed when the user is only an Application User but not a Designer

Two solutions:

1. Re-design the plug-in so it doesn't use TypeService.select()
    2. Or use an administrator context just for this particular call (TypeService.select()). The administrator user can be a service account passed via constant to your plug-in.
Children
No Data