I am using the Download datasubset plugin for generating download link of Excel

I am using the Download datasubset plugin for generating download link of Excel file from a Tempo Report.
I have created the rule which returns an ExportableDataSubset.

I get the error: Expression evaluation error at function 'getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule' [line 20]: Error evaluating function 'getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule' : 0.

I have ensured that the rule which returns Exportable Data Subset returns it correctly. Also went through the sample Application which demonstrates its usage. But I am not able to figure out the issue. For reference, I have attached the SAIL code in a text file to this post.

If anyone has used this plugin before, please check my code and let me know if I am doing it incorrectly. Please note that ri!input is of type Number(Integer). I have set it to Numeric Type as per the Sample Application given for the plugin

Issue_DownloadDataSubsetPlugin.txt

OriginalPostID-170148

OriginalPostID-170148

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @chethany I guess, trying the below step might be worth:

The value passed to datasubset parameter is strange. Please do it in any one of the following ways:

datasubset: todatasubset(
    {name: "Chetan", val: 25},
    topagingInfo(1,-1)
    )

or

Assuming that your local!anotherDataset is populated, you could try the below one.

datasubset:local!anotherDataset

If the above doesn't work, I would like to suggest just one more add-on as follows:

Invoke the getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule by keywords rather than by position as follows. I won't say that you should do always as follows, but it would be good to try in following manner as well.
    getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule(
    rule:rule!61L_exportDataForExcelReports,
    \tinput:1
    )

Though not specific to your issue, please make a note that it would be good to have an array of arrays as the data in datasubset. As of now it's fine as you are having just one element, but it would be good to maintain as following:

{{name: "Chetan", val: 25}},
    topagingInfo(1,-1)
    )
  • @chethany I guess, trying the below step might be worth:

The value passed to datasubset parameter is strange. Please do it in any one of the following ways:

{name: "Chetan", val: 25},
    topagingInfo(1,-1)
    )

or

Assuming that your local!anotherDataset is populated, you could try the below one.

datasubset:local!anotherDataset

If the above doesn't work, I would like to suggest just one more add-on as follows:

Invoke the getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule by keywords rather than by position as follows. I won't say that you should do always as follows, but it would be good to try in following manner as well.
    getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule(
    rule:rule!61L_exportDataForExcelReports,
    \tinput:1
    )

Though not specific to your issue, please make a note that it would be good to have an array of arrays as the data in datasubset. As of now it's fine as you are having just one element, but it would be good to maintain as following:

{{name: "Chetan", val: 25}},
    topagingInfo(1,-1)
    )
Children
No Data