Adobe PDF Document Content Searching; Does anyone have any experienci

Adobe PDF Document Content Searching;

Does anyone have any experiencing searching content within a pdf document. There has been a recent request to provide such capability and I was looking to see if there was a smart service and/or if anyone else possibly used a different approach in searching content within a specific pdf document within Appian.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Brian...

OriginalPostID-62859

OriginalPostID-62859

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Larson;
    Thank you for the feedback. I was looking at this smart service, it appears it would be helpful as some pdf's may be based on field entry / form fill. I haven’t installed it, but it appears the problem may be that we will also have documents printed to .pdf and looking for a method to search .pdf content based on key words that are entered into a search option.
    The business case: There are multiple documents that will be written to a sharepoint repository. Similar to a knowledge repository concept, we are looking to scan / search pdf’s and possibly bring back documents that fit criteria for review / additional meta-data entry. With these documents being reviewed/worked, they will follow the applicable business process i.e. approval flows, etc
    Let me know if this makes sense and/or if you think it is still possible with the Parse pdf pluggin.
    Thanks for your input
    Brian
  • Larson;
    Thank you for the feedback. I was looking at this smart service, it appears it would be helpful as some pdf's may be based on field entry / form fill. I haven’t installed it, but it appears the problem may be that we will also have documents printed to .pdf and looking for a method to search .pdf content based on key words that are entered into a search option.
    The business case: There are multiple documents that will be written to a sharepoint repository. Similar to a knowledge repository concept, we are looking to scan / search pdf’s and possibly bring back documents that fit criteria for review / additional meta-data entry. With these documents being reviewed/worked, they will follow the applicable business process i.e. approval flows, etc
    Let me know if this makes sense and/or if you think it is still possible with the Parse pdf pluggin.
    Thanks for your input
    Brian
Children
No Data