Hi all, I'm using RDBMS Blob Utility plug-in that converts an image int

Hi all,
I'm using RDBMS Blob Utility plug-in that converts an image into an attachment.
It worked fine.
However, there is a "0" getting appended at the end of each file.

How can I remove the last character of the file name being created.

Eg:- Hello World.pdf is getting stored at Hello World.pdf0
ReadDoc.doc is getting stored as ReadDoc.doc0

I wanted to remove the 0 appended at the end of the file. How can I achieve this?

Any inputs are appreciated.

OriginalPostID-170642

OriginalPostID-170642

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @phanibabuk Hope you are just looking forward to clean the '0' appended at the end of file name. You could accomplish the task by exploring the Text functions at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/Text_Functions.html#leftb.28.29. Here is an example for you:
    fn!leftb("ReadDoc.doc0",fn!lenb("ReadDoc.doc0")-1). Edit the document's 'name' attribute with the cleansed result.

Further you can think of extending the functionality from hereafter, such as deriving the extension from the file name and checking the existence of invalid characters(such as '0' in your case) other than the extensions(pdf,doc,docx etc) and thereby cleaning the same if there are invalid characters.

Prior to implementation of above, I would like to suggest to check if you are making any mistake in RDBMS Blob Utility plug-in implementation which is finally adding '0' to the resultant file name.
  • @phanibabuk Hope you are just looking forward to clean the '0' appended at the end of file name. You could accomplish the task by exploring the Text functions at https://forum.appian.com/suite/help/7.10/Text_Functions.html#leftb.28.29. Here is an example for you:
    fn!leftb("ReadDoc.doc0",fn!lenb("ReadDoc.doc0")-1). Edit the document's 'name' attribute with the cleansed result.

Further you can think of extending the functionality from hereafter, such as deriving the extension from the file name and checking the existence of invalid characters(such as '0' in your case) other than the extensions(pdf,doc,docx etc) and thereby cleaning the same if there are invalid characters.

Prior to implementation of above, I would like to suggest to check if you are making any mistake in RDBMS Blob Utility plug-in implementation which is finally adding '0' to the resultant file name.
Children
No Data