In Servlet plug-in, how can we get a SecureCredentialsStore object? F

In Servlet plug-in, how can we get a SecureCredentialsStore object?

From the document, injection of services is not yet supported for Servlet plug-in.
forum.appian.com/.../Custom_Servlet_Plug-ins.html

From Java API, the ServiceLocator doesn't have a method that return this service.
forum.appian.com/.../ServiceLocator.html

Thank you,
-Rawich

OriginalPostID-174725

OriginalPostID-174725

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Since most of us are agile practitioners here, let me rephrase my need in the form of user story:

"As a Servlet plug-in developer, I want to have a consistence way to access credentials and other environment-specific configuration entires to integrate with a RESTful service so that I do not have to hard-code or manage a separate configuration file."

I am able to use Secure Credentials Store in both Smart Service and Function plug-ins, integrating with the same RESTful service. That works out nicely in getting user name, password, target hostname, and other configurable parameters setup in third-party credential page in Administrator console. forum.appian.com/.../Secure_Credentials_Store.html

The calling process models or expressions just need to pass one string that identify external system key, instead of a long list of Constant values.
    I’m open to other suggestions that would fulfill the same requirement, including an undocumented API :)
  • Since most of us are agile practitioners here, let me rephrase my need in the form of user story:

"As a Servlet plug-in developer, I want to have a consistence way to access credentials and other environment-specific configuration entires to integrate with a RESTful service so that I do not have to hard-code or manage a separate configuration file."

I am able to use Secure Credentials Store in both Smart Service and Function plug-ins, integrating with the same RESTful service. That works out nicely in getting user name, password, target hostname, and other configurable parameters setup in third-party credential page in Administrator console. forum.appian.com/.../Secure_Credentials_Store.html

The calling process models or expressions just need to pass one string that identify external system key, instead of a long list of Constant values.
    I’m open to other suggestions that would fulfill the same requirement, including an undocumented API :)
Children
No Data