Hi, Am using export to excel plugin - getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromru

Hi,

Am using export to excel plugin - getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromrule to export report data into excel. I am facing issue with incorrect date time stamp after exporting the data into excel. For ex: In report UI it is 10/31/2015 5:53 AM PDT and after exporting it is 10/31/2015 12:53:48 PM in the excel sheet. PFA attached snap of the report. Any suggestions to resolve this issue.
Thanks,
Madhu

Issue Snap Shot.docx

OriginalPostID-176107

OriginalPostID-176107

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @ryan: Please tell us if this understanding is correct.

1. Say my date time value for a record is 5Nov2015 10:30 AM in database (which is GMT)
    2. When I query the entity and form the data subset, date and time will come unchanged
    3. When apian renders the value in grid, it converts it to user preferred time zone, which in our case is PDT.
    So user will see something like 5Nov2015 02:30 AM PDT (- 8 hrs)
    4. Now when I try to export to excel, the plugin takes the source data from my datasubset because of which it is displaying the date time value present in DB instead of the one in UI.
    5. But for user it looks odd to see the conflict between UI and excel although time zone is specified in UI. (We noticed that wherever a time is in GMT, zone not explicitly mention. Both in table and excel. May be this something usual. But end user may be confused on this)

Now we are not clear with #2 and #3.
    Whether the date time value will be converted to preferred time zone at the point of querying (when obtaining datasubset) or rendering in grid.

If datasubset itself is having date and time in PDT, then should we check if the plugin is trying to convert it back to GMT at some point.
  • @ryan: Please tell us if this understanding is correct.

1. Say my date time value for a record is 5Nov2015 10:30 AM in database (which is GMT)
    2. When I query the entity and form the data subset, date and time will come unchanged
    3. When apian renders the value in grid, it converts it to user preferred time zone, which in our case is PDT.
    So user will see something like 5Nov2015 02:30 AM PDT (- 8 hrs)
    4. Now when I try to export to excel, the plugin takes the source data from my datasubset because of which it is displaying the date time value present in DB instead of the one in UI.
    5. But for user it looks odd to see the conflict between UI and excel although time zone is specified in UI. (We noticed that wherever a time is in GMT, zone not explicitly mention. Both in table and excel. May be this something usual. But end user may be confused on this)

Now we are not clear with #2 and #3.
    Whether the date time value will be converted to preferred time zone at the point of querying (when obtaining datasubset) or rendering in grid.

If datasubset itself is having date and time in PDT, then should we check if the plugin is trying to convert it back to GMT at some point.
Children
No Data