Im using the "Download DataSubset (Cloud)" plugin to generate an excel

Im using the "Download DataSubset (Cloud)" plugin to generate an excel spreadsheet that we use to import into another application. The template that is required to import into this third party application is to have a custom first line that just has plain text in line 1, column 1.
I then need the column headings on row 2 and the results starting from line 3.
Is this possible with this plugin or should I use something else?

OriginalPostID-183794

OriginalPostID-183794

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @benjamins Is this possible with this plugin? - As said by others, it is unable to customise the plugin as of now in terms of how it works.

Should I use something else? - There isn't any alternate to 'Download DataSubset (Cloud)' plugin in terms of equivalent functionality, that is, there isn't any plugin which will trigger a process and makes the report available for download immediately on the sail interface in a report object.

And if you are in a plan to opt for the plugins suggested by other users above, you need to change the current implementation. To me it seems like, you have been using the plugin in a Tempo Report or Task Report object. So if you would like to use the plugins similar to as suggested above, you need to design a process which may accept some inputs, generate the required excel sheet and thereby send it to the user via email(as the process designed by us lacks the ability to make the report available on the interface upon the completion of process). On the whole this approach lacks the OOTB flexibility of making the generated excel sheet available on the interface, with which you may need to discuss with the Business.

I would like to suggest to stick to "Download DataSubset (Cloud)" plugin until and unless there is a good reason to move away from it, for instance exporting huge datasets.
  • @benjamins Is this possible with this plugin? - As said by others, it is unable to customise the plugin as of now in terms of how it works.

Should I use something else? - There isn't any alternate to 'Download DataSubset (Cloud)' plugin in terms of equivalent functionality, that is, there isn't any plugin which will trigger a process and makes the report available for download immediately on the sail interface in a report object.

And if you are in a plan to opt for the plugins suggested by other users above, you need to change the current implementation. To me it seems like, you have been using the plugin in a Tempo Report or Task Report object. So if you would like to use the plugins similar to as suggested above, you need to design a process which may accept some inputs, generate the required excel sheet and thereby send it to the user via email(as the process designed by us lacks the ability to make the report available on the interface upon the completion of process). On the whole this approach lacks the OOTB flexibility of making the generated excel sheet available on the interface, with which you may need to discuss with the Business.

I would like to suggest to stick to "Download DataSubset (Cloud)" plugin until and unless there is a good reason to move away from it, for instance exporting huge datasets.
Children
No Data