#DynamicDocumentGenerator Hi, I'm trying to use the Dynamic Document Generat

Certified Lead Developer
#DynamicDocumentGenerator Hi, I'm trying to use the Dynamic Document Generator plugin by merging multiple DOCX documents using DOCX Merge and then converting to a PDF using PDF from DOCX. What seems to be happening is that the PDF from DOCX only converts the first document that was entered into the DOCX Merge. The merged document, however, contains all pages from all source documents. I'm assuming the page breaks added to merge the documents is causing this issue. If you open the merged DOCX document, save it, and rerun it through PDF from DOCX, it works. This issue can be recreated using any 2 DOCX documents. Is this a known issue? Does anyone know a work-around for this?

OriginalPostID-192525

OriginalPostID-192525

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• @jitendrap I am not aware of the actual issue but you can make a work around where the multiple documents will be converted into PDF by using 'PDF from DOCX' in the first place and then you can finally merge the generated PDF documents into a single document by using 'Merge PDF' smart service in 'PDF Tools' Shared Component at https://forum.appian.com/suite/tempo/records/type/components/item/i8BCLGOdlMUpdGVqT-RV7oRg74uEGJO5yQZ7MpzhduWHwyNAKZtKRO8ZUtPHppHKQ/view/summary. This will serve you as a work around, just in case if there is a problem with merged DOCX document.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @sikhivahans Thanks for the quick response. The reason I am not just inputting all source docx documents into the PDF from DOCX node is because I allow the user to make changes and reupload the merged DOCX document. They can, but do not have to make changes, so I can't count on them opening the document with Word and saving it every time. My temporary work-around will be to check if they re-uploaded the document: if they did, I will assume they opened and saved it so it will convert to PDF properly, otherwise I can just pass all source documents into PDF from DOCX. Main issue with this is that I am counting on them to never re-upload the original merged document without re-saving it in Word.
  • @jitendrap Ah I see, I understood the scenario. In this case, until and unless the plugin is tweaked or an alternate functionality is developed(assuming that a problem do exists with merged DOCX document), you may have an user input task in the process that will instruct a user to download the document, save and upload it. Let's see if other practitioners could come up with a better approach.
    Certified Lead Developer
    @sikhivahans Thanks, I thought of that as well. I will stick with my work-around so as not to force users to download and re-upload unnecessarily until a fix is in place for this.