I got a smart service (with 4 inputs and 4 outputs) deployed in an environment.

I got a smart service (with 4 inputs and 4 outputs) deployed in an environment. After sometime I updated the smart service code and added 2 inputs and 2 outputs (that makes 6 inputs and 6 outputs in smart service), and created the new version of that service. Whan an attempt is made to deploy it (in the same environment), the following error came :-

com.appiancorp.process.admin.IncompatibleSmartServiceRegistrationException: The Smart Service Module was invalid: Smart service input and output count does not match the count for the existing smart service registered.

Do I need to get all the versions removed from the environment first, prior to getting the latest version deployed ?

Any inputs ?

OriginalPostID-192979

OriginalPostID-192979

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The best way to deploy plugins would be to:
    1. Rename previous versions with the extension .bak
    2. Check the server.log (if using jboss) to make sure that the old plugin has been successfully uninstalled
    3. Deploy the new plugin
    4. Check the server.log (if using jboss) to make sure that the new plugin has been successfully installed

Ex. plugin-1.0.jar would be renamed to plugin-1.0.jar.bak and then you can place the plugin-1.1.jar into the plugins directory.
  • The best way to deploy plugins would be to:
    1. Rename previous versions with the extension .bak
    2. Check the server.log (if using jboss) to make sure that the old plugin has been successfully uninstalled
    3. Deploy the new plugin
    4. Check the server.log (if using jboss) to make sure that the new plugin has been successfully installed

Ex. plugin-1.0.jar would be renamed to plugin-1.0.jar.bak and then you can place the plugin-1.1.jar into the plugins directory.
Children
No Data