Hi all, I'm using Export CDT To Excel smart service. Let

Hi all,

I'm using Export CDT To Excel smart service.
Let's say my demo cdt has 10 fields, and I want to export first two fields and last two fields, if I set the node input Cdt_fields_to_export to ={"field1","field2","field9","field10"} in the excel I will find always the first four fields from 1 to 4, same if I try to change the order,
It seems to me that it will always export to excel sheet a number of fields equal to the no. of elements in that text array starting from the first field.
See the snipe from the documentation provided with the plug-in. My goal is to export a number of fields that I desire and in a order I prefer to avoid loading the project with another CDT just for this node.

Many thanks!

OriginalPostID-198163

OriginalPostID-198163

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Oh i see - I'm not sure of the technicals but I think this plugin might have finnicky issues with other data types. What I've done in other places is to create a new global or generalized CDT with an arbitrary number of Text fields (starting around 10 or whatever you think your use case will be), i.e. "field1", "field2" ... "fieldN". Then in a script task right before the Excel node, you can copy your desired data into the fields of that CDT, so that they'll be cast as text (and you can use this chance to do any other formatting that might be necessary, too).
    Certified Lead Developer
    Oh i see - I'm not sure of the technicals but I think this plugin might have finnicky issues with other data types. What I've done in other places is to create a new global or generalized CDT with an arbitrary number of Text fields (starting around 10 or whatever you think your use case will be), i.e. "field1", "field2" ... "fieldN". Then in a script task right before the Excel node, you can copy your desired data into the fields of that CDT, so that they'll be cast as text (and you can use this chance to do any other formatting that might be necessary, too).
Children
No Data