Hi Following is my use case and I wanted to use custom servlet to trigger a

Hi
Following is my use case and I wanted to use custom servlet to trigger a process
1.          I have an HTML form with two buttons Approve and Reject
2.          On clicking either of the forms buttons - a custom servlet will be called
3.          In Servlet get the form variables
4.          Trigger a Appian process and send these form variables as process parameters
I already developed following components
1.          HTML form – with two button and Java script to submit the form
2.          Custom servlet plug in - reads the html form values and initiate the appian process and set the process variable
I wanted to know how we integrate these components in Appian
Note: As in J2EE the html will be placed under WEB_INF folder. So that app server calls the servlets on clicking a form submit from the html

OriginalPostID-199483

OriginalPostID-199483

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Rajasekhar, AFAIK, there is no place in Appian designed to serve HTML or JSP. But, I can think of 2 ways you can provide access to your HTML page though.
    1) The easiest way is to use Web API, which you can return HTML as output. You can put your HTML text directly in the Web API expression itself, or store it in a constant, or store HTML text in a Document in Appian.
    2) Have the Servlet plug-in returned HTML, when you request without submitting form variables.
  • Hi Rajasekhar, AFAIK, there is no place in Appian designed to serve HTML or JSP. But, I can think of 2 ways you can provide access to your HTML page though.
    1) The easiest way is to use Web API, which you can return HTML as output. You can put your HTML text directly in the Web API expression itself, or store it in a constant, or store HTML text in a Document in Appian.
    2) Have the Servlet plug-in returned HTML, when you request without submitting form variables.
Children
No Data