Is there a configuration in the smart service node(s), where I could change the

Is there a configuration in the smart service node(s), where I could change the file extension? (.txt to .abc)

OriginalPostID-203490

OriginalPostID-203490

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You can create a document with target extension as suggested by Tom.

If this does not work. One solution I can think of is to use "Appian Document from Base64 String" custom smart service to change extension of a file. For this, you will need to generate the base64 representation of the source document and pass it as input to smart service along with new extension and other file parameters.

Place this smart service in an independent sub process and use this subprocess for renaming document. Set data management policy to delete the subprocess as soon as its completed to free up the memory. Avoid this approach for file size > 10 MB, for such cases better would be to find/develop a custom plugin to change the document extension.
  • You can create a document with target extension as suggested by Tom.

If this does not work. One solution I can think of is to use "Appian Document from Base64 String" custom smart service to change extension of a file. For this, you will need to generate the base64 representation of the source document and pass it as input to smart service along with new extension and other file parameters.

Place this smart service in an independent sub process and use this subprocess for renaming document. Set data management policy to delete the subprocess as soon as its completed to free up the memory. Avoid this approach for file size > 10 MB, for such cases better would be to find/develop a custom plugin to change the document extension.
Children
No Data