Hi, we have a requirement where in a approval process the approver needs to sign

Certified Associate Developer
Hi, we have a requirement where in a approval process the approver needs to sign when approving. Once signed the sign needs to be placed inside a pdf template form for generation. Has anyone done this kind of requirements before? Thanks!

OriginalPostID-210285

OriginalPostID-210285

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Hi rajasejharp, thanks for the response. I followed your instruction on your documentation and the process runs with no errors encounter. However upon opening of the document it says that the file is corrupt. Have you encountered such problem? Also can you clarify following question?

1. word/media is path inside the word template?or it is an Appian directory?
    2. if Appian directory, should I create path or I can create my own path?
    3. How did you create a word template in such that when I replace image on the path specified it can automatically replace with the updated image.
  • Hi johnrheyj,

That 'word/media' is not appian path it is word template path. If you have 7 zip in your system then right click on your document template and extract it. Then you can see the path of the image you kept in your word document.
    For example: In previous comment i added one document right. Just extract it with 7 zip and you can see the path and images in that path.
    And coming to the smart service you just need to pass the document so that in will exract the file update the image in that zip file and again convert it into document and return it as output.

About the issue of corrupting: I didn't faced any issue like that till now. May be the problem is with your template. So please check and update it once.
    hi rajasekharp, have done it! Thank you very much. The problem was I haven't specified the extension name of the file, instead of "jpeg", I indicated "jpg" Thank for the help! Really appreciate it!
    Certified Senior Developer
    Hi rajasekharp, i have done the same thing, i got the output file but its showing that file is corrupt, when i downloaded it and extract, its asking me to replace image1.jpeg , i think smart service adding image but not replacing it hence it is asking me to replace while extracting the output FIle.
  • Hi panakaj,
    i used that smart service but till now i didn't faced these kind of issue what you are facing. can you check once whether the name and format is proper or is the document which you are passing as input is having proper images names with proper permission. sorry if i'm wrong but in my opinion we will get these kind of issues with permissions.