Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (a

Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (and an expression) that imply some control over the header list. Specifically the Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List Smart Service.

The documentation is not clear on how this works. I have a CDT that contains a definition for some data I care about and a spreadsheet that contains the data I want to put into that CDT. The data is, unfortunately contained in columns that are interspersed with other columns that I don't care about.

Is there a good way to use the Header List parameter to pull the data I want?
Do I need to manually manipulate the spreadsheet to conform to the plugin?
Is there a better way?

OriginalPostID-215679

OriginalPostID-215679

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've attached four files. An xsd that defines my CDT and three example spreadsheets:
    Works_no_problem.xlsx contains the correct column headers and no extraneous columns.
    might_work_with_header_list.xlsx contains the correct columns but has different headers.
    might_work_has_extra_columns.xlsx contains the correct data but has both different column headers and extraneous columns that should be ignored.

I did read the documentation, however there are two smart services, Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT, and Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List. The second formed the basis for my question, I'm not sure how to format that Header List input. Is it a data dictionary that allows me to map cdt values to particular headers in the spreadsheet, is it a text array of headers that should map to the cdt values? There isn't much documentation.

Part of the exercise we're trying to build is to use an automated process to capture archival data that's held in spreadsheets, so this tool would be hugely useful for us....

Cheers

might_work_has_extra_columns.xlsx

might_work_with_header_list.xlsx

Works_no_problem.xlsx

Example.xsd

• I've attached four files. An xsd that defines my CDT and three example spreadsheets:
    Works_no_problem.xlsx contains the correct column headers and no extraneous columns.
    might_work_with_header_list.xlsx contains the correct columns but has different headers.
    might_work_has_extra_columns.xlsx contains the correct data but has both different column headers and extraneous columns that should be ignored.

I did read the documentation, however there are two smart services, Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT, and Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List. The second formed the basis for my question, I'm not sure how to format that Header List input. Is it a data dictionary that allows me to map cdt values to particular headers in the spreadsheet, is it a text array of headers that should map to the cdt values? There isn't much documentation.

Part of the exercise we're trying to build is to use an automated process to capture archival data that's held in spreadsheets, so this tool would be hugely useful for us....

Cheers

might_work_has_extra_columns.xlsx

might_work_with_header_list.xlsx

Works_no_problem.xlsx

Example.xsd

Children
No Data