Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (a

Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (and an expression) that imply some control over the header list. Specifically the Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List Smart Service.

The documentation is not clear on how this works. I have a CDT that contains a definition for some data I care about and a spreadsheet that contains the data I want to put into that CDT. The data is, unfortunately contained in columns that are interspersed with other columns that I don't care about.

Is there a good way to use the Header List parameter to pull the data I want?
Do I need to manually manipulate the spreadsheet to conform to the plugin?
Is there a better way?

OriginalPostID-215679

OriginalPostID-215679

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @richard.nolan Hi, so the Inputs of 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT With Headers' Smart Service should be configured as follows as per the CDT you have attached:

Cdt: {type!Example()}
    Excel Doc:
    Header List: {"quantity_ordered","special_instructions","fulfillment_employee","fulfillment_manager","warehouse_aisle","warehouse_shelf","robot_picker_id","order_priority","backlog_estimate_date"}
    Is Header Present: True
    Max Row Count: 10000
    Sheet Number: 1
    Start Row: 2

Note:
    The Headers in the Excel should exactly match the names of the fields in CDT. For example, you can't expect to map the values of 'Priority' in the Excel to map to 'order_priority' in CDT. In short, the Headers (the very first row) in the Excel should exactly match the names of the fields in the CDT, else the columns with unmatched headers will be ignored by smart service.

Not sure if my explanation answers your question, but please do let me know in case if you have follow up questions or concerns.
  • @richard.nolan Hi, so the Inputs of 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT With Headers' Smart Service should be configured as follows as per the CDT you have attached:

Cdt: {type!Example()}
    Excel Doc:
    Header List: {"quantity_ordered","special_instructions","fulfillment_employee","fulfillment_manager","warehouse_aisle","warehouse_shelf","robot_picker_id","order_priority","backlog_estimate_date"}
    Is Header Present: True
    Max Row Count: 10000
    Sheet Number: 1
    Start Row: 2

Note:
    The Headers in the Excel should exactly match the names of the fields in CDT. For example, you can't expect to map the values of 'Priority' in the Excel to map to 'order_priority' in CDT. In short, the Headers (the very first row) in the Excel should exactly match the names of the fields in the CDT, else the columns with unmatched headers will be ignored by smart service.

Not sure if my explanation answers your question, but please do let me know in case if you have follow up questions or concerns.
Children
No Data