Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (a

Inside the Read Excel Spreadsheet Utilities plug-in, there is a smart service (and an expression) that imply some control over the header list. Specifically the Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List Smart Service.

The documentation is not clear on how this works. I have a CDT that contains a definition for some data I care about and a spreadsheet that contains the data I want to put into that CDT. The data is, unfortunately contained in columns that are interspersed with other columns that I don't care about.

Is there a good way to use the Header List parameter to pull the data I want?
Do I need to manually manipulate the spreadsheet to conform to the plugin?
Is there a better way?

OriginalPostID-215679

OriginalPostID-215679

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • That makes sense, but is unfortunate. I had hoped that the 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List' offered significantly enhanced functionality over 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT' Smart Service.

Given that I would like to read historical spreadsheets (and cannot therefore control the headers) as part of a process model, is there a better way to read the data out of them? Any advice?
  • That makes sense, but is unfortunate. I had hoped that the 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT with Header List' offered significantly enhanced functionality over 'Parse Excel Spreadsheet to CDT' Smart Service.

Given that I would like to read historical spreadsheets (and cannot therefore control the headers) as part of a process model, is there a better way to read the data out of them? Any advice?
Children
No Data