Hi, I need to transmit a file from Appian to my local machine via Sen

Hi,

I need to transmit a file from Appian to my local machine via Send File over SFTP smart service. Can I do that? If yes, what needs to be passed in system external key. I know it's a key generated by a connector but not sure which connector to use and how can I configure it in 7.5.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Varnika

OriginalPostID-219848

OriginalPostID-219848

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @varnikam

System requirements:

1) Your remote server path should be exposed to SFTP i.e., it should be SFTP enabled
    To get to know this place some file in remote location path and run the below command
    sftp
    It will show path is ftp enabled or not

2) you need to generate key in secure credentials store ... u need to add following fields over there
    username (target user)
    Password (target pwd)
    Domain ( if u local machine or SharePoint or ur server has any domain u need add that as well )

If it 16.1 or more there will we a button "Test connection" to check connection from admin.Once this done appian will generate a key, store the value of key in a constant

In the smart service you need to pass the key , target hostname , port , Document u need to send , destination remote file path.. Once done if you trigger a process model file will get transferred.

To transfer files to local machine I believe you need to install a local FTP in your machine.

• @varnikam

System requirements:

1) Your remote server path should be exposed to SFTP i.e., it should be SFTP enabled
    To get to know this place some file in remote location path and run the below command
    sftp
    It will show path is ftp enabled or not

2) you need to generate key in secure credentials store ... u need to add following fields over there
    username (target user)
    Password (target pwd)
    Domain ( if u local machine or SharePoint or ur server has any domain u need add that as well )

If it 16.1 or more there will we a button "Test connection" to check connection from admin.Once this done appian will generate a key, store the value of key in a constant

In the smart service you need to pass the key , target hostname , port , Document u need to send , destination remote file path.. Once done if you trigger a process model file will get transferred.

To transfer files to local machine I believe you need to install a local FTP in your machine.

Children
No Data