Seeking help with the SFTP Functions plugin: I am trying to send a file using th

Seeking help with the SFTP Functions plugin: I am trying to send a file using the "Send File Over FTP" smart node. I have tried many combinations and there is no clue as wht this fails in the application server log.
I have configured the External System Key with username and password (both tested and valid values), set the host name (same as used and test with in filezilla), set the port to 21 and remote path to "/". The document is named as 1-123123.zip.
Despite various tweaks and changes to the settings nothing has helped, most errors returned "illegal filename for a PUT" which seems odd as I can upload the same file with filezilla no problem.
Any suggestions welcome!
Thanks from a frustrated user.

OriginalPostID-221266

OriginalPostID-221266

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @james

System requirements:

1) Your remote server path should be exposed to SFTP i.e., it should be SFTP enabled
    To get to know this place some file in remote location path and run the below command
    sftp
    It will show path is ftp enabled or not

2) you need to generate key in secure credentials store ... u need to add following fields over there
    username (target user)
    Password (target pwd)
    Domain ( if u local machine or SharePoint or ur server has any domain u need add that as well )

If it 16.1 or more there will we a button "Test connection" to check connection from admin.Once this done appian will generate a key, store the value of key in a constant

In the smart service you need to pass the key , target hostname , port , Document u need to send , destination remote file path.. Once done if you trigger a process model file will get transferred.

To transfer files to local machine I believe you need to install a local FTP in your machine.
  • @james

System requirements:

1) Your remote server path should be exposed to SFTP i.e., it should be SFTP enabled
    To get to know this place some file in remote location path and run the below command
    sftp
    It will show path is ftp enabled or not

2) you need to generate key in secure credentials store ... u need to add following fields over there
    username (target user)
    Password (target pwd)
    Domain ( if u local machine or SharePoint or ur server has any domain u need add that as well )

If it 16.1 or more there will we a button "Test connection" to check connection from admin.Once this done appian will generate a key, store the value of key in a constant

In the smart service you need to pass the key , target hostname , port , Document u need to send , destination remote file path.. Once done if you trigger a process model file will get transferred.

To transfer files to local machine I believe you need to install a local FTP in your machine.
Children
No Data