Hello Friends, It is related to plug-in : Add Group Members plugin

Hello Friends,

It is related to plug-in : Add Group Members plugin

I am using Add Group Members plugin to add user in group as member. During my normal testing I checked that plugin, it is working as expected e.g. I created custom groups, departments and added user in that group through plugin which is working as expected.
When groups hierarchy is unknown or complex it starts to act differently e.g. it is adding that user in group as member also as an group admin. Which is not expected.

So is there any other reason of this unexpected behavior which is causing user to add in group as Group Admin?

Thanks in advance.

OriginalPostID-224288

OriginalPostID-224288

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @Eduardo Fuentes
    yes, smart service should only add users to groups as members but when group hierarchy is complex it is adding user in Administrator tab also. It seems that this issue is regarding group hierarchy because I have one plugin where i create user and add that user in multiple groups using addMemberUser() of group service API, that plugin also behaves in same way the way smart service does.
    I will try to dig down more on group hierarchy.
  • @Eduardo Fuentes
    yes, smart service should only add users to groups as members but when group hierarchy is complex it is adding user in Administrator tab also. It seems that this issue is regarding group hierarchy because I have one plugin where i create user and add that user in multiple groups using addMemberUser() of group service API, that plugin also behaves in same way the way smart service does.
    I will try to dig down more on group hierarchy.
Children
No Data