Appian user password reset - temporary password flag

I have been making use of the "Create User With i18n" Smart Service in the Personalization Utilities plugin which accepts an argument to specify whether the supplied password is a "temporary password" or not (which then dictates whether Appian will require the user to change their password immediately upon first login).

I now have the requirement to reset an existing user's password and would like the achieve the same behaviour, i.e. Appian not to require the user to change their password immediately after their next login. I can't use the same Smart Service as the user already exists. Is there another way to achieve this?

Plugin reference: forum.appian.com/.../summary

OriginalPostID-233587

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The users in question are only active for a short term (up to 2 weeks), so I don't think the Identity Management team would want to deal with these users. Alas.

The reason we want to avoid having temporary passwords is to avoid the redirection behaviour once the user has updated their password (Appian redirects the user to Tempo News regardless of the Start Page setting).

Ultimately, the goal is to guarantee that these users will be directed to their custom Site every time they login.
  • The users in question are only active for a short term (up to 2 weeks), so I don't think the Identity Management team would want to deal with these users. Alas.

The reason we want to avoid having temporary passwords is to avoid the redirection behaviour once the user has updated their password (Appian redirects the user to Tempo News regardless of the Start Page setting).

Ultimately, the goal is to guarantee that these users will be directed to their custom Site every time they login.
Children
No Data