The Smart Service Module was invalid: Smart service input and output count does not match the count for the existing smart service registered

Hi Team,

I have deployed earlier a smart service with input parameter only. when I have added output parameter in the same service, it is throwing below error:

"The Smart Service Module was invalid: Smart service input and output count does not match the count for the existing smart service registered".

Also I have tried to deploy by changing the plugin-key & version both, still I am getting the same error.

Could you please tell me the procedure to clean the old instance?

Regards,
Jonbon

OriginalPostID-236007

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have faced the exact same issue while creating a smart service where I removed an input variable and renamed one.
    I tried changing the plugin version but that didnt work too.

Below is the error thrown:

INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) 2016-08-26 08:22:05,448 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'XYZ' (com.xyz) version 1.0.0: 'The Smart Service Module was invalid: The input or output with name 'variableName' was removed. Smart service inputs and outputs cannot be changed once deployed (APNX-1-4104-005)'

INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) 2016-08-26 08:43:05,974 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'XYZ' (com.xyz) version 2.0.0: 'The Smart Service Module was invalid: The input or output with name 'variableName' was removed. Smart service inputs and outputs cannot be changed once deployed (APNX-1-4104-005)'

I am guessing this is because of running process instances or may be due to the smart service meta data being stored in the cache.

It would be great to know the reason behind this and the solution to avoid this.
  • I have faced the exact same issue while creating a smart service where I removed an input variable and renamed one.
    I tried changing the plugin version but that didnt work too.

Below is the error thrown:

INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) 2016-08-26 08:22:05,448 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'XYZ' (com.xyz) version 1.0.0: 'The Smart Service Module was invalid: The input or output with name 'variableName' was removed. Smart service inputs and outputs cannot be changed once deployed (APNX-1-4104-005)'

INFO [stdout] (Appian Plugin Hot Deploy) 2016-08-26 08:43:05,974 [Appian Plugin Hot Deploy] ERROR com.appiancorp.plugins.LoggingPluginEventListener - Failed to enable Plug-in 'XYZ' (com.xyz) version 2.0.0: 'The Smart Service Module was invalid: The input or output with name 'variableName' was removed. Smart service inputs and outputs cannot be changed once deployed (APNX-1-4104-005)'

I am guessing this is because of running process instances or may be due to the smart service meta data being stored in the cache.

It would be great to know the reason behind this and the solution to avoid this.
Children
No Data